Tuesday, January 13, 2009

recently..

just to update on myself a bit..

last tuesday, my jaw got stuck...usually condition related to temporomandibular joint(TMJ) is dislocation..but this was not my case.

sound serious ? let me finish first..

Last Tuesday, when I was eating kuih-muih in the morning, I realised that I couldn't open my mouth to swallow that piece of kuih.. When I tried to open my mouth bigger, there I had my pain on the on my TMJ.

Without any hesitation, I went straight to my lecturer. The one who was teaching me Oral Biology, named Dr Safar. Before asking me to go register at the clinic, he printed out a set of journal on TMJ for me to read. In that journal, it stated that patients with TMJ disorder had to take Ibuprofen, 400mg, thrice a day , for a month..

Ok lor, I took the printed journal and went to the clinic to register. Then, Dr Safar came over to take me for X ray. First time I tried such X ray machine. Well, quite a new experience I guess.

Next, Dr Safar asked me to open and close my mouth for few times and then we headed to the clinic to get myself some medicine.--That Ibuprofen, if you still remember.. When I took the prescription to the counter, the nurse asked me, " what happen to you? why need to take such strong medicine? " after I explained to her, then it was my turn to ask.. "this medicine got what side effect ?" She told me every medicine also had its side effect, but since the doctor prescribed this medicine for me, she couldnt do anything also..

Back to the X-ray room, Dr Safar and I got the X ray film. There showed 4 third molars in my maxilla and mandible-- known as jaws.But, they were yet to be erupted.
Poor thing, he said my third molars on lower jaw/mandible were on RAMUS OF MANDIBLE-( if u wan to know more, ask me la). MOST IMPORTANTLY, the teeth needed to be EXTRACTED!

And.. extracting the third molars meant ORAL SURGERY!! oh my god.. during that time, I forgot what I felt.. just a bit helpless.. sigh...

TO be continued...

now, my jaw still is not back to original state yet..

2 comments:

coyokito said...

halo...1st time visit here..
take care lor...so when r u going to do the extraction?need mos?arrange appointment dy?
taking ibuprofen be aware of side effect on gastric,i had kena once...haha..must fill ur stomach b4 take the drug...don't be like me last time...actuaaly it's quite common in our clinic..don't worry so much...

ah cheen said...

hmm.. dono when.. coz.. now my mouth still kenot open that big for extraction.. cham a... yaya.. b4 i take that drug, i will make sure i eat rice.. i also afraid of gastric le... thanks for ur concern o!